Assistant Technical Superintendent (RoRo) – Scotland
Assistant Technical Superintendent (RoRo) – Permanent – Scotland – Competitive package
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading ferry operator based in Scotland
The Assistant Technical Superintendent is expected to provide comprehensive technical management in support of the Small Craft Fleet which do not carry motormen. This role will cover support of the day to day operation and the annual overhauls for this class of vessel.
- Support the production of technical budgets for vessels and control of technical costs in line with the agreed budget
- Work closely with the vessels to verify that the routine and unplanned maintenance is recorded effectively, and any outstanding items are followed up
- Work closely with the vessels to prevent break downs and minimise the effect to the vessel and the larger network
- Liaise with the HSQE department to effectively respond to the vessel’s management meetings including on technical issues
- Work closely with CMAL, MCA and Classification Societies carrying out regular shipboard visits to relevant vessels
- Carry out annual technical inspections for relevant vessels
- Class 4 or OOW motor certificate or equivalent
- Experience sailing on RoRo ferries
- Previous maritime background
- Excellent analytical and systematic skills
- Proven project and budget management experience
- Strong leadership, managerial and organisational skills
You must have the right to live and work in the UK to be considered.
To apply, please contact Tom Settle on 02392 322359 or send your CV to email@example.com
Navis Consulting; Keeping your career on course.
Navis is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.