Crewing Manager (Tankers)
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-established shipping company heading up their crewing department.
- The Crewing Manager will be responsible (and initially undertake) all aspects of crew management for assigned vessels.
- Maintain the crewing matrix for each vessel and monitor the on signing and off signing in compliance with the crew matrix.
- Providing support to the superintendents on personnel issues such as disciplinary meetings
- Management of the long term crewing strategy (3 year plan)
- Understand the various visa requirements for Filipino / Romanian & EU crews and non EU citizens working and transiting the UK / Schengen Area
- Budgeting and Cost control for entire crewing Dept.
- Handling the recruitment of Officers and ratings selected by the various manning companies in association with the ship managers.
- Participation in DOC / MLC and TMSA Audits to explain and demonstrate compliance to visiting inspectors.
Qualifications / Experience required:
- Knowledge of and experience of working with tanker crews and the associated OCIMF requirements.
- Five years in a senior role within a crewing department
- Degree or higher education
- Seagoing certification is not a requirement but preferable
- Good understanding of MLC, SMS compliance systems.
- Understanding of STCW certification and the subsequent CoC / CeC requirements
- Fluent in written and oral English
- Willing to travel
Navis is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.