Deputy Harbour Master – (IOW)
Deputy Harbour Master – Permanent – IOW – £40k – £45k DOE
Cowes Harbour Commission (CHC) is working exclusively with Navis Consulting to appoint a new Deputy Harbour Master & Pilot.
Located on the Isle of Wight, Cowes Harbour is a Trust Port so you will be joining the leadership team in an exciting and varied role to carry out piloting duties and work with the Harbour Master to ensure the harbour complies with its statutory obligations and the safe operation of other marine activities managed by CHC.
- To assist the Harbour Master in all aspects of his/her work and to deputise for him/her on all occasions during his/her absence, including representing Cowes Harbour Commission on committees and, as necessary, in all matters appertaining to the Marine Safety Management System and all other relevant legislative requirements.
- Responsible to the Harbour Master and Duty Holders for the day to day safe operation of navigation, pilotage and other marine activities in the harbour and its approaches.
- Assist in the effective management of marine operations and assets within and outside the jurisdiction of the harbour.
- Manage and maintain all statutory documentation and certification in line with the Port Marine Safety Code and other relevant legislation.
- Ensure the Port operates within the governance framework of Ports Good Governance Guidance, its Harbour Revision Order’s and any other governance.
- Act as Port Safety Officer & Port Facility Security Officer
- Rostered Pilotage responsibilities
- Hold a minimum of a valid Chief Mate unlimited, II/2 COC
- Experience in a harbour management role
- Experience in pilotage and pilotage operations
- Ability to build and develop effective relationships at all levels with customers and a broad range of
- A team player with proportionality and appreciation of the business model and dynamics of Cowes Harbour
- Degree level of education and / or Harbour Master Certificate (desirable)
- Must have the right to live and work in the UK and be prepared to move to the IOW (If not already living on the island)
To find out more information, or to apply, please contact Tom Settle on 02392 322359 or send your CV to email@example.com
Navis Consulting; Keeping your career on course.
Navis is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.