Fleet Manager – (IOW)
Fleet Manager – Permanent – IOW – Excellent package
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well established shipping based on the Isle of Wight. The fleet is growing and they are looking to expand the technical team.
If successful, you will be working as part of a close Technical and Operations Team, responsible for the Technical Management of a growing fleet of Dry Cargo ships
- Implementation & monitoring of vessel maintenance program
- Monitoring ships safety, planning & arranging surveys
- Liaising with class societies and flag administrations to ensure compliance
- Monitoring vessels performance & implementing improvements
- Communicating with vessels to provide direct technical support
- Ensuring defects & deficiencies where identified are resolved
- Preparing & monitoring vessels operational budgets
- Preparing drydock spec’s and organising repairs and maintenance
- Liaising with Technical Superintendents on the day to day technical issues
- Ensuring vessels are appropriately stores & provisioned
- Preparing reports for interested parties on technical aspects of your fleet
- Hold Class one Chief Engineer Unlimited license (Preferred)
- Sailing experience in a senior rank (Chief / 2nd Engineer)
- Previous shore based experience in a Technical role
- Experience working in high paced environment
- Dry cargo experience (Desirable)
You must have the right to work in the UK to be considered. The role is office based, so you must be prepared to live on the IOW or travel over to the office daily.
There is an excellent salary and benefits package on offer.
To apply, please contact Tom Settle on 02392 322359 or send your CV to email@example.com
Navis Consulting; Keeping your career on course.
Navis is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.