Marine Purchaser – (Glasgow)
Marine Purchaser – Permanent – Glasgow – Excellent salary & benefits
This is a rare opportunity to join an exciting, global, fast-paced, and highly respected company, a leading employer in the Maritime Industry based in Glasgow
This role would suite an experienced Marine Purchaser looking for a permanent opportunity in the Maritime Industry within a leading global Ship Management Company that will support your career development
- Working closely with the Superintendents to undertake an efficient purchasing function.
- Prioritise and organise daily purchasing requirements.
- Source, process and delivery of spare parts, stores, provisions, chart publication updates and service requisitions for all vessels.
- Send daily emails from office to vessels to update them on all relevant information.
- Responsible for following purchasing procedures.
- Ensure completed Port Activity is sent to vessels 48 hours prior to arriving at Port and received 48 hours after vessel is sailing.
- Daily liaison with agents and suppliers worldwide.
- Work closely with freight forwarder to ensure freight schedules are on track.
- Ensure all paperwork for supplies is accurate.
- Double check costs meet agreed quotes.
- 1-2 years desirable in similar role, preferably in Maritime Industry
- The ability to prioritise tasks and to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- An enthusiastic approach, with excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
- Outstanding problem-solving capabilities.
- Target-driven and highly motivated, able to work under pressure.
- Solutions focused approach and mindset.
- Team-working and agile approach to work environment.
This role is office based in Glasgow so you must live within a commutable distance . You must also have the right to work in the UK to be considered.
There is a highly competitive salary and excellent benefits package on offer
To apply, please contact Tom Settle on 02392 322359 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Navis Consulting; Keeping your career on course.
Navis is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.