Marine Superintendent (Tankers)
Marine Superintendent (Tankers) – Permanent – Hamburg – Excellent package
This is an excellent opportunity to join an International Ship Management company based in Hamburg.
This position is responsible for ensuring nominated vessels are operated and maintained in line with Statutory Instruments, Company Policy, Safety Management System, Industry Best Practice and Vessel Owners Requirements.
- Acts as Designated Person Ashore and Company Security Officer for nominated vessels as required
- Reviews the ship inspection reports to ensure the Company Safety and Quality Management System are properly implemented on board
- Supports Technical Superintendents as Clients or Owners point of contact ensuring the highest level of customer service and satisfaction are maintained
- Plans vetting (SIRE and CDI) inspections as required by the charter party or Owners’ requirements and notifies the ships in advance
- Arranges oil major and CDI inspections with the oil majors and discusses the observations and corrective actions with the vessel
- Reviews cargo, tank cleaning and ballast exchange plans including LOP, Voyage orders, DD
- Prepares incident and accident reports as required
Experience / Qualifications Required;
- Experience sailing as a Master on crude oil/ products/ chemical tanker and being in charge of oil major compliance with other owners or managers
- Good knowledge of Marine Regulations, Industry Statutory Instruments, ISM, ISO, and ISPS system
- Deck Officer Qualification with First Class Master Mariner License
- Ability to demonstrate Safety and Compliance based approach to Marine Operations
- Ability to communicate at good level in both spoken and written English
You must have the right to live and work in the EU to be considered.
Navis is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.