Purchasing Officer (tankers) – (3 Month Contract)
Fleet Purchasing Officer (Tankers) – 3 Month Contract – London – Competitive salary
This is an excellent opportunity to join an international shipping company based in London initially on a 3 month contact with possibility to extend.
You will be the main purchasing contact responsible for a dedicated number of assigned vessels with the Tanker fleet.
Using the company procurement software, you will ensure the cost effective and timely supplies of main line commodities, stores, spares and services for the vessels.
- Reviews vessel requisitions for compliance
- Verifies & approves vendor invoices on a regular basis
- Raises and sends requests for quotations
- Arranges shipments in a timely, cost efficient and scheduled manner
- Provide support to fleet teams
- Ensure purchase orders are completed fully prior to order placement
- Monitor vessels movements/stores schedules/warehousing receipts
Experience / Qualifications Required:
- Previous Purchasing experience
- Knowledge & experience with a purchasing software package (desirable)
- Display negotiation skills
- Knowledge of ShipNET (desirable)
- Good communicator and team player
- Knowledge of the marine / maritime / shipping industry (highly desirable)
You MUST have the right to live and work in the UK to be considered.
For more information, or to apply, please contact Tom Settle on 02392 322359 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Navis Consulting; Keeping your career on course.
Navis is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.