Senior Civil Works Engineer
I am looking for a Senior Civil Works Engineer to join a large telecommunications company in London.
As an overview, this job role includes definition of requirements, securing the associated resources, including permissions, and supervision of contractors during installation of land route infrastructure (including terrestrial duct routes; pulling, intermediate jointing and beach manholes; seaward ducts, and horizontal directional drilling). They will oversee the delivery of projects within company policies and procedures, to agreed targets for time, quality and cost.
- Management of the Outside Plant civil works requirements for all submarine cable projects, in conjunction with the land cable planning and installation functions
- Day to day oversight of the construction contractors project delivery, requirements, safety, quality, street works, and overall performance
- Ensuring “Safety First” and “Right First Time” culture across the field operations backed up through plans and engagement with suppliers, with the support Project HSE
- Establishing and providing follow up on required operational permits, ensuring they are obtained in good time
- Ensuring accidents, incidents and near misses, are investigated competently, and appropriate corrective action taken
- Through a close working relationship, identifying at the earliest opportunity risks to delivery against the plan of work
- Managing the operational relationship with all suppliers, and monitoring to ensure that company requirements are adhered to
- Document and process any variation orders concerning civil works contractors’ scope of work.
- Supporting Projects and Purchasing on the following up of contract variations / variation orders. (CV)
- Ensuring that performance standards & contractual KPI’s are met
- Civil Works Site Surveys and reporting of findings
- Establishing and maintain close working relationships with key partners and stakeholders
- Liaising closely and providing timely and accurate periodical reports to the Project team
- Supporting the Bid team on ad hoc cost estimates, and construction requirements
- Supporting the Permit team with input on proposed design and construction methodologies
- Providing advice on and maintenance of construction guidelines and specifications
- Assisting in the negotiation and review of the technical solutions
- Participating in the evaluation and selection of engineering and construction contractors
- Providing technical support to the Projects Team, and After Sales for any Remedial works
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience within the construction industry including project management, negotiation, engineering, computer aided design, construction, and commissioning
- An understanding of Horizontal Direct Drilling techniques, ideally with an element of practical exposure to HDD methodologies and installations (land/land & land/offshore)
- A working knowledge of construction and engineering contracts, QHSE and associated civil works regulations
- A record of successfully managing contractor partners
- Civils project experience including both the field and back office
- Strong stakeholder management and engagement experience
- Ability to understand, manage and deliver on KPI’s
- Ability to lead, motivate and manage teams
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to contribute technical knowledge to proposals and reports
- Innovative, creative, and proactive with a solution-oriented approach
- Ability to represent the company in a professional manner
- Excellent literacy, numeracy and IT skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Full, clean driving licence and passport
For more information, please email email@example.com or apply today.
Applicants must have an existing right to live and work in the UK and should be within a commutable distance to London or be prepared to relocate closer at own cost.
Navis Consulting; Keeping your career on course.
Navis is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.