Shore End Cable Installation Engineer/Beach Master
A large telecommunication company in London is expanding the team and looking for a Shore End Cable Installation Engineer/ Beach Master/ On-Site Representative to join the team. You will be part of a dedicated team to manage the installation of telecommunications cable shore end activities worldwide. This role will involve office duties in either working remotely or in London as well as global site duties.
- Technical evaluation of subcontractors Method of Procedures, Plan of Works, Dive Plans, Health, Safety & Environment plans and associated operational documentation to ensure alignment with requirements and lessons learnt
- Supporting the expansion of in-house shore end installation & shallow water burial solutions
- Technical/Project Management support to the Project implementation and After Sales teams, including Site Rep briefings and follow up on management of change requests and incident reporting
- Technical reviews of Shore End Installation report submissions from company subcontractors
Site and duties:
- Supporting the site implementation of in-house shore end installation & shallow water burial solutions
- Assisting cable landing point site surveys to access suitability, identify cost effective installation solutions and investigate local resource availability and compliance
- Reviewing dive video surveys of installation sites, pre-and post-shore end installation activities
- As Beachmaster, central participation to pre-landing meetings and shore end landing preparations, providing the coordination of all beach works and communication with cable lay vessel, including pay-out requirements
- On site supervision of appointed subcontractors ensuring compliance with scope of work, HSE requirements and Dive policy, including interface with the client representatives, and approval and sign off upon completion of activities
- Experience in project management and customer interfaces
- Commercial diving, subsea burial techniques, lifting and rigging experience/certification would be an advantage
- Experience in the marine installation arena preferably within the submarine cable installation/maintenance industry
- Computer literate – ideally with Windows/Microsoft office packages.
- Experience with engineering drawing packages, such as AutoCAD or Visio would be advantageous
Applicants must have an existing right to live and work in the UK. This position involves a lot of travel but you must be living in the UK.
For more details, please email email@example.com or apply today if you have the experience.
Navis Consulting; keeping your career on course.
Navis is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.