Technical Manager (Projects) – Glasgow
Technical Manager (Projects) – Permanent – Glasgow – Competitive package
The Technical Manager is part of the gas fleet services group and provides the general management of technical projects focusing on longer term strategies, large capital projects, conversions & newbuild vessels.
- Develop work scopes, plans and strategies for major technical projects
- Lead and Manage project resources from project conception to completion stage, to ensure delivery on time and within budget
- Carrying out research of relevant programs and technologies for use within the Gas Fleet.
- Monitoring and reviewing existing policy documents/ legislative compliance items and submitting recommendations for change.
- Gather feedback and make recommendations for upgrades to be included for future budgets.
- Managing assigned technical projects including significant repairs, programs, investigations, processes and meetings
- Work closely with New Building Project Department to feedback operational experience, and attending ships sea/gas trials as required
- Work closely with all members of the gas fleet, ship and shore, to enhance maintenance undertaken onboard Gas Fleet vessels.
- Analytical, problem solving, time management, project management and decision making skills.
- Knowledge of applicable propulsion plants and technical operations for LNG vessels
- Seagoing experience as Marine Engineer (Ideally on tankers / LNG)
- Experience manging upgrades / conversions / new build projects (highly desirable)
- Ability to respond positively to customers in an effective manner
- Must have the right to live and work in the UK
To apply, please contact Tom Settle on 02392 322359 or send your CV to email@example.com
Navis Consulting; Keeping your career on course.
Navis is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.