Technical Manager (Yachts) – Newcastle
Technical Manager (Yachts) – Permanent – Newcastle – Competitive package
This is an excellent opportunity to join a reputable Yacht Management company based in the North East of England.
Due to continued expansion we are seeking to recruit a Technical Manager. The role will be a combination of technical & compliance related work and will cover all aspects of the routine operation of the fleet of managed vessels.
- Monitor the safety and environmental/pollution prevention aspects of the vessel operations and ensure that adequate resources and shore based support is provided as required
- Respond in a professional and timely manner to all client emails and requests
- Ensuring the validity of vessel certificates
- Day-to-day maintenance and monitoring of the technical related Safety Management System and all required vessel specific documentation
- Liaising directly with Flag Administrations and Classification Societies in relation to communication of conditions of class, memos or any other technical defects raised during survey.
- Co-ordinating surveys and audits with Flag Administrations and Classification Societies
- Potentially act as DPA & CSO
- Assist with the building annual vessel budgets as required;
- Prepare Technical Reports for clients as required.
- Hold a Class one Chief Engineer Unlimited license (Preferred)
- Ideally have some shore based management experience as Technical Superintendent/Manager
- A sound and thorough knowledge of the ISM and ISPS Codes, Maritime Labour Convention and COSWP is required
- Experienced maritime professional with Engineering qualifications and background in Commercial Shipping or Luxury Yachting
- Sailing experience on Yachts/Cruise Ships/Ferries/Passenger Ships
- Experience of working in a 24/7 working environment and has flexibility to travel for short periods
- Experience with working with tight deadlines, short turnarounds for work and an exceptional level of detail.
You must have the right to work in the UK to be considered and be prepared to live in commutable distance to the Newcastle office.
To apply, please contact Tom Settle on 02392 322359 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Navis Consulting; Keeping your career on course.
Navis is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.