Technical PMS Lead – (Glasgow)
Technical PMS Program Lead – Glasgow – Permanent – Competitive package
This is an excellent opportunity to join a global ship management company based in Glasgow.
The purpose of this role is to drive technical governance and common activities within all Regional Offices, to maintain consistent technical standards and monitor compliance across the companies Planned Maintenance Systems.
- Promote awareness in technical, safety management and environmental skills of personnel ashore and onboard ships through the review, development, implementation and monitoring of standardised PMS databases, ensuring PMS systems onboard all managed vessels are compliant with Regulatory Authorities and maritime standards
- Responsible for the standardised approach and implementation of Critical equipment, across similar vessel segments, ensuring same is accurately identified within PMS systems
- Promote and ensure effective technical management techniques and PMS systems are in use within all regional offices and safeguard technical content is fit for purpose, ensuring compliance with regulations set by the Classification Society, Flag state, Port State Control (PSC) requirements , Greenhouse gas technologies and sustainability activities
- Proactively identifying opportunities for process optimization and recommending improvements to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the PMS
- Representing and supporting our technical department in third-party audit sessions, such as TMSA,, ISM, ISO, etc
- Engineering Sea going experience is essential.
- Excellent technical understanding, awareness and knowledge of all relevant requirements involved in the safe and efficient ship management functions.
- Strong knowledge of Port State Control, Flag state, MLC Compliance and Vessel Classification requirements.
- Proven ability to manage projects and preparation of project deliverables, including managing quality, financial budgets, programmes, timescales and resources
- Excellent analytical and numerical reasoning skills, uses data and analysis to guide and influence decision making, strong attention to detail.
- Previous experience within an equivalent Ship Management technical function and a working knowledge of ship management systems.
You must have the right to work in the UK to be considered.
To apply, please contact Tom Settle on 02392 322359 or send your CV to email@example.com
Navis Consulting; Keeping your career on course.
Navis is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.