Technical Superintendent (French Speaking) – Gabon
Technical Superintendent (French Speaking) – Permanent – Gabon – Ex-Pat Package
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading Oil & Gas company based from their office in Port-Gentil, Gabon.
As Technical Superintendent you will be responsible for the efficient operation of the ships to which you have been assigned and to work as a member of the Ship Management.
- Plan, control and execute all activities connected with maintenance, repairs, dry-docking, conversion or modification of assigned vessels.
- Plan, control and execute all activities connected to class and flag state survey and certificate requirements and build and maintain effective liaison with relevant authorities.
- Co-ordinate all information required for the preparation of the vessels’ running cost budget.
- Maintain strict control of all aspects of vessel expenditure, ensure vessel expenditure is accrued to vessel accounts, and take appropriate action to bring costs to budget level. Any potential unbudgeted expenditure must be flagged to the Fleet Manager without delay.
- Monitor vessel performance trends including speed, fuel and lubricating oil consumptions, and implement timely remedial actions where these are outside agreed or expected parameters.
- To serve as the first contact point for the assigned vessels and liaise with Clients on day to day operations of assigned vessels
- MUST be fluent in French
- Good communication (oral and written) and English language skills
- Experience as Technical Superintendent managing AHTS / Offshore Vessels
- Sailing experience on Offshore Vessels (Desirable)
- Experience working in West Africa (Highly Desirable)
- Basic financial understanding and some experience in administering budgets.
To apply, please contact Tom Settle on 02392 322359 or send your CV to email@example.com
Navis Consulting; Keeping you career on course.
Navis is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.