Technical Superintendent (Offshore) – Aberdeen
Technical Superintendent (Offshore) – Permanent – Aberdeen – Competitive package
As Technical Superintendent you have responsibility for the efficient and effective operation of assigned ships and to work as a member of the Ship Management Team.
- Plan, control and execute all activities connected with maintenance, repairs, dry-docking, conversion or modification of assigned vessels.
- Plan, control and execute all activities connected to class and flag state survey and certificate requirements and build and maintain effective liaison with relevant authorities.
- Maintain strict control of all aspects of vessel expenditure, ensure vessel expenditure is accrued to vessel accounts, and take appropriate action to bring costs to budget level
- Monitor vessel performance trends including speed, fuel and lubricating oil consumptions, and implement timely remedial actions where these are outside agreed or expected parameters.
- To serve as the first contact point for the assigned vessels
- Sailing experience in a senior engineering rank
- Previous experience as a Technical Superintendent / Vessel Manager in a Technical Department supporting vessels in the offshore sector is a distinct advantage
- Good communication (oral and written) and English language skills,
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to engage and interact with people at all level
- Basic financial understanding and some experience in administering budgets.
You MUST have the right to live and work in the UK to be considered
To apply, please contact Tom Settle on 02392 322359 or send your CV to email@example.com
Navis Consulting; Keeping your career on course.
Navis is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.