Youth Staff (Cruise Ship) – Worldwide
I have an exciting opportunity to join a Cruise Ship as Youth Staff. You will be sailing on one of the most well-known and largest Cruise Lines in the World.
Organizing and leading Youth activities for ages 6 months -17 years, in designated activity centers, assigned areas and throughout the vessel.
- Participates in embarkation procedures by disseminating information regarding the Adventure Ocean Program, Youth Evacuation Plan, and directing and escorting guests to staterooms.
- Determines the activities to initiate based on the ages and the needs of the children assigned to participate in the scheduled activity. Organized and leads a variety of established age appropriate activities. The established programs are as follows: (6-18 months) (18-36 months) Playgroups for parents and their youngest cruisers; Age-appropriate activities that combine skill-building with storytelling, creative arts, and music toys. (3-5) offers Sail into Storytime, Adventure Science, Adventure Art, Adventure Theater and Pajamarama Movie Night, and Animal Kingdom. As well, it offers a variety of both active and passive games. (6-8) offers Adventure Science, Adventure Art, Adventure Theater and specific theme sessions such as Pirate Night, Rock n’ Roll Party and Extreme Olympics. The Program also offers games and activities to encourage the children to work together and meet new friends. (9-11) offers a variety of activities and games that are designed to encourage participation in a fun atmosphere. Adventure Science, Adventure Art, Adventure Theater, scavenger hunts, sporting activities and specific theme sessions such as Survivor Night, Gladiator Night and Rock n’ Roll Party are also offered. The Teens 12-14 and the Teens 15-17 offer activities and events that are hosted by the Youth Staff. These programs can include Nightclub, a Pool Party, Karaoke, sporting activities, icebreaker activities, Battle of the Sexes and Scavenger Hunts.
- Acts as a role model for the youth with regard to leadership, friendliness, diplomacy, honesty, fair play, sportsmanship and open-mindedness. Exercises discretion and good judgment when interacting with the children. Maintains a constant awareness of the children’s whereabouts and their safety. Intervenes when a conflict arises or when a child needs extra attention or assistance in order to enjoy the activities. Responds to any type of emergency.
- Directs children in eating, resting, and toileting.
- Helps children develop habits of caring for own clothing and picking up and putting away toys and books.
- Maintains discipline within assigned group to ensure safety precautions are followed.
- Serves meals and refreshments to children and regulates rest periods.
- Communicates with parents in a tactful and courteous manner to generate a high level of comfort. Acts as liaison between the Youth Activities Manager and the parents.
- Keeps current on children trends regarding music, dance crazes, fads, computer games, reading materials and physical activities.
- Organizes teen-related activities. Performs Disc Jockey duties for teen parties. Operates audio equipment to play music and keeps inventory of music library.
- Assists youth of all ages with computer operation, instruction and navigation, etc.
- Participates in maintaining a clean working environment including the inventory of equipment and supplies. Notifies the Youth Activities Manager when repairs or replacement is needed.
- Assists the Youth Activities Manager in planning, organizing and implementing entertaining and educational programs for all ages 6 months -17 years.
- Follows the detailed safety and security measures of the Youth Evacuation Plan in the even of an emergency while children are under the supervision of the Youth Staff. Utilizes good judgment and pays close attention to all details when escorting children to the parents or guardians in the assigned muster stations.
- May participate in a variety of activities associated with Shore Excursions, Cruise Programs and/or the Sports Deck.
- Prepares a variety of reports and letters utilizing personal computer system and equipment.
- Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
- Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, recreation or related field from an accredited university or college or the international equivalent.
- Three to five years experience working with large groups of youths ages 6 months -17 years.
- Experience working in school sponsored youth groups, YMCA, camps or similar positions preferred.
- Infant and child CPR certification and life saving certification from the American Red Cross or similar certifying organization preferred.
- Ability to mediate, diffuse and/or resolve problems and negotiate resolutions.
- Ability to design creative activities while containing costs.
- Working knowledge of computers, internet access and the ability to navigate within a variety of software packages such as Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests.
- Ability to communicate in English tactfully with guests or parents to mediate, diffuse an/or resolve problems and negotiate resolutions.
- Ability to read and write English in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and coworkers.
- Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French or German preferred.
- Competitive salary
- Flights arranged and paid by the cruise line
- STCW Basic Safety Training provided onboard for free
- Food, Accommodation and Uniform provided onboard the vessel
- Travel the world and sail the seas
Applicants must be fully vaccinated for COVID. Must be female, due to cabin sharing.
For more information, please contact email@example.com or apply today.
Navis Consulting; keeping your career on course.
Navis is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.